Peguis First Nation TLE and SC Trust requires an Electoral Officer to undertake 2020 Peguis First Nation Treaty Land Entitlement (TLE) and Surrender Claim (SC) Trust for Trustee’s Election for voter registration and prepare the Band Membership List for all eligible voters and develops strategies for registration of nominated officers for the purpose of free and fair elections. The Electoral Officer will ensure that all candidates for election follow the appropriate process to attain a nomination and that all those who would like to vote are eligible as regulated by the Peguis First Nation Trust Agreement.
- Assist in the registration and preparation of Band Membership List for the Peguis First Nation TLE and SC Trustees.
- Assist in deciding cases relating to inclusion or exclusion of voters from the electoral roll.
- Assist other Electoral Officer in logistical arrangements.
- Set up voting booths, Voting Machines, tables and other precinct supplies.
- Print, publicize and distribute electoral rolls to Election Officials and political Parties.
- Verify eligible voters by Voter Photo Identity Card.
- Locate voter names on the roster.
- Assist voters in any phase of the voting and counting process.
- Mail out ballots to eligible voters.
- Collect ballots from voter and instruct them on how to handle ballot so maintain voting secrecy.
- Ensure privacy of their vote by following set procedures for ballot handling.
- Safeguarding of the mail-in ballots collected.
- Review and calculation of ballots to determine election results.
- Open and close the polling place location.
- Check election supplies and availability of the polling place before Election Day.
- Transport ballots from Winnipeg to Peguis securely.(if needed)
- Manage the operations of the polling place (i.e. assigning duties and setting up the schedule of the day) Oversee the completion of all paperwork.
- Electoral Officer certification required.
- Extensive background working a large First Nation Band election.
- Has not been found guilty of an offence under the Act within the last two years before the appointment;
- Understanding of the rules and regulations put forth in the Peguis First Nation TLE and SC Trust directing the election procedures.
- Be available to work long hours during the Election Day.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required.
- Standing for long periods of time may be required.
The Electoral Officer must process their certification and be trustworthy with vast experience in running First Nation elections. 3 Written references will be required upon submission.
Peguis First Nation TLE and SC Trust requires Tender amount to complete this election.
Qualified applicants should contact Gerald McCorrister – Human Resource Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-645-2359 ext. 118 for further information or submit your resume by March 20th, 2020.